Hello guys, Xiaomi comes in India via Flipkart in July 2014 with redmi 1S with a price tag of 6,000, which is very value for money product by Xiaomi in that time.
Keeping this statement their policy, now xiaomi is the 2nd largest company in India, after Samsung( source: gadgetnow ).
Initially, Xiaomi does not lock the bootloader of their smartphone, but after redmi 2 prime, they start to lock the bootloader of their smartphone, for consumer protection….
Because if your smartphone gets lost and a person who found your device can easily flash custom ROMs on your smartphone, then It is impossible to find your device.
Here I give you a list of devices which have locked bootloader,
Redmi 3, 3s, 3s prime, Redmi 4a, 4, 4 prime, Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 4, Mi5, Mi6 and more
Myths About Bootloader Unlock process via Mi Unlock Tool
1. People think in bootloader unlock process your smartphone data gets lost, but the reality is that your data don’t loss when you unlock the bootloader.
2. People think unlocking bootloader void your warranty but in reality, if you unlock your bootloader with the Official method of Xiaomi ( with the use of Mi Flash Unlock Tool), your warranty doesn’t get void.
3. People think if they want to flash any MIUI stock ROM then bootloader must be unlocked but you can do it without unlocking the bootloader, I made a separate guide on this soon, if you’re interested then say via comment below.
What is Bootloader
How to Unlock Bootloader Redmi Note 3 or any Xiaomi device
In Unlocking the bootloader , There are 2 steps through which you can unlock the bootloader.
Request for Unlocking permission
2. Simply press the Unlock now button.
3. Sign in with your Mi account, if you have not then simply create one.
4. As you see an application form appear, fill the form and write the genuine reason for unlocking bootloader and hit apply now.
Suggestion:- you can write about MIUI beta Roms testing, installing custom ROM or any other topic that you do when your bootloader gets unlocked.
Not write anything wrong, these applications are check manually.
5. After this, an OTP is sent to your smartphone, put this code on the website and click next.
6. Then a message show application is submitted, please patient for review.
7. In my experience, Permission for unlocking takes Maximum 10 to 15 min( it take me 2 min).
If some odd reason you did not get the permission then goes to MIUI forum.
Prerequisites Before Unlocking your Xiaomi device
1. The most important thing is a PC.
2. Download the Mi Flash Unlock Tool and install it (Download).
3. Xiaomi USB Drivers are installed.
How to Install Xiaomi USB Drivers in Windows PC
Bootloader Unlocking process with Mi flash Unlock tool
1. Open the Mi flash Unlock tool
2. Sign in with the same Mi account that was on the smartphone.
3. Open your smartphone, Go to Setting- About Phone- tap on MIUI version 8 times.
4. Now you Enable Developers option.
5. Go to Setting- Additional setting-developer option.
6. In developer option, turn on USB debugging and OEM unlocking.
7. Shut down your device and press volume down + power button to enter fastboot mode.
8. Connect your smartphone to pc and click Unlock.
9. It takes some time and then reboot your device.
10. Hurry, you unlock your device bootloader.
You can check that your bootloader is unlocked by going to developer option-Mi Unlock status.
Tips to unlock bootloader faster
1. Fill your complete detail in MIUI forum after getting Permission.
2. Comment, ask Question on MIUI forum.
3. Stay active on MIUI forum until your bootloader gets unlocked.
4. If you face error of 50% or 99% then wait for 5 to 8 days then try again. It will Unlock.
I hope your bootloader gets unlock, Those are the same steps I take to unlock my redmi note 4. It takes me 8 days to unlock.
If you want to relock the bootloader then comment, I make this guide for you.
You can ask me any Xiaomi phone related query.If this article helps you to unlock the bootloader of your xiaomi phone then
Please share this with google+, facebook, WhatsApp and other social networks to help others to unlock their Mi phones bootloader.